Saturday, April 28, 2007

Little White Fluffy Kitty Doll


kitty as an angel
Kitty was my best friend when I was 8 years old. She went with me everywhere - especially on car rides to entertain my siblings and me. The last time I saw Kitty was during a trip to Los Angeles. My dad had pulled over into a random parking lot to retrieve something from the trunk, and placed most of the toys my brother and sister and I had thrown around all over the backseat. Somehow, between putting random dolls, pillows, and ninja turtles in the trunk, Kitty fell out of the car. I'll never forget how distraught I was after realizing Kitty was nowhere to be found - and probably lying in a gutter somewhere. Mostly, I felt guilty for not taking better care of my little friend, after all she had done for me. My little sister even drew a picture of Kitty as an angel to help cheer me up. It helped a lot.

Rest in Peace Kitty!

Last seen in 1993 in the backseat of my parent's Ford Taurus.

Jennie, Bakersfield, CA.

No comments: